Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lousy Lucy!!

It has been hard to beat against the winds of lousiness just to keep my ever closing eyes open. A stupefying fact here is that I can sleep for more than 12 hours at ease. Is that normal? I hope so. It is kinda corny to work at home with the alluring bed by your side and your bedsheets and pillows calling you to get cozy. Boy I can say this is harder than standing the seduction of your dreamboy by the road! Excuse me for that bad wit but looks like I am still drowsy.

I read two books recently To Kill a Mocking Bird and The Catcher, In the Rye and it was irritating to find that the best part of both the books was to do with the bro-sis sentiment. I am no hater of that sentiment though but just that I don't get to see that in my real life actually chafes me!! Anyways I count these to be fortunate to atleast remind me that there is such thing in life!! Well I would recommend the first book which is all about these wild childhood dreams that we have had. Harper Lee did an excellent job is recording the emotions and drama of a little girl who is ever enthued and tomboyish!! I guess that was why I could identify myself very much with it. And ofcourse the angry young man types of brother that she had was just like my bro!

I remember once when I was around 10-12 years old and my bro was just one and a half year elder to me. We were getting bored to death during our vacation and decided to play cricket. I always had this attitude not to go and ask my brother. So he came up to me and asked if I would like to play cricket. Girls as you know have this knack of making people beg. So I allowed my brother to convince me for quite sometime. My Mom knew my trick and smacked me on my back and told me not be a sissy..Are mothers really our best friends??? That was what I thought...Finally I set out to play on a condition that I would bat first. Obviously there was no toss n all.. The deal was I bat six overs and then I bowl six overs. So I batted happily the first six overs and made my bro run all over the place..Finally it was my turn to bowl and I was kinda tired.. I began to give some lame excuse saying that some cartoon was coming on TV and I would like to watch it...It sometimes sucks when brothers read sisters very well..He knew I was trying to escape and began to force me to bowll which eventually turned into a fight..I ran onto to the terrace to escape him but boy his stamina was lots better than mine..He became real furious! He was catching hold of my neck and threatening to throw me down if I did not bowl for him..Can you believe that?? No right?? I know he was trying to kill me and I was very sure that Shaktimaan will come and kick him while I would be rescued safely! What happened next? Don't ask me..I was so angry that Shaktimaan did not turn up but my Dad came running to my rescue..I mean why Dad?? The rest of the story is the uninteresting part where my bro won my Dad and I had to bowl for the rest of that forsaken day..I only wished it would rain or get dark suddenly due to some solar eclipse...

The second book I would not recommend to anyone! But I am sure people now will defnitely want to read it coz of the curiosity levels pushing up :) J.D Salinger did get excellent reviews for the book but somehow I began to feel much more lousy as I read it... Again the book is about one young fella for whom nothing under the sun except his sister could interest him! Oh how I wish....forget it...Hmm I was kinda getting senti reading all this stuff.....

Anyways I shall go and catch up with some coffee before I sleep off...
More later guys......Ciao...