Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fools of the Nation!

The other day I was browsing through the TV channels and finally landed on one seeing Sylvester Stalone. It was Rambo- First blood 2. I watched it in bits and pieces as I shuffled through the other stuff. There was one extra ordinary scene in the movie that caught my attention like never before. In the end while Rambo walks away after he accomplishes his mission, the Colonel stops him. He insists Rambo to stay back, apparently no one would want to lose such young combative fighting machine. Rambo without much thought refutes and continues to walk away. Then the officer placates him saying "What do you want?" as if very assuredly he was willing to give it right away. Then comes the killer dialogue, he gives a contemptuous reply "What do I want? I want what these people want. I want my country to love me the way I love it."

Boy! What a dialogue? I know it is in contrast to this well known quote which goes something like this "Before you ask what the country has done for you, ask yourself what you have done for the country." I could not agree more but all the while I would also want my country to love me right? I mean with all these chaos in Maharashtra and unrest in Bihar, Orissa and UP, there are many who would be echoing along with me. People are being killed, beaten, brutally harassed and the list will go on. But where is that assurance that I am longing from my country. Where people are ready to die for this country, all I see is people being killed. When is the line going to be drawn? Can it get worse than now? I suffer from insecurity, lack of assurance, lack or protection, deprivation of justice and the only thing that keeps me alive is hope.

I wish there was some potion of wisdom which these people can drink. A potion that will wake them up from the night mares we are living in. Or on the other side I wish there was some anaesthesia for the country men to endure all lamentation and grief without any sensation of pain and shame. It is no more the rulers of the nation running the country but I see the fools of the nation gaming with peoples lives. I guess that would be a perfect title for a movie to let go of all the vexation that is piling up like the lava under the mountain waiting to erupt like a volcano. Yes they are the "Fools of the Nation!" They need help before they turn into a bunch of sissies rolling in the dirt rather than cleaning it up.

1 comment:

chandu said...

"Fools of the Nation!"
gud one.. :)