Monday, December 31, 2007

Shocked or Expected???

I was in a state of shock when I heard of Benazir Bhutto's assassination. Death is inevitable but when it is decided by someone other than the Creator one should give it a serious thought. It is so chilling to see and hear all about Bhutto's end in the media. She was a charismatic politician with her ideals and beliefs. One moment we see this figure cutting through the news and making headlines about her chances of being the next Prime Minister of Pakistan and the very next moment we find her no more. Her courage and composure are commendable. I am not sure if she was controversial or equipoise but death calls for calm.

How can one take the other's life into one's hands and play with it. The death of nearly 150 innocent people or even more evokes a fear in me. Today it is Pakistan tomorrow it can be anywhere. There can be a enumeration of the reasons behind all these killings. God only knows why and how these massacres can be stopped. It puts me in deep struggle to understand what can be the reason behind people not able to live in harmony with their neighbours to the extent of brutally taking one's life. Bhutto or others would have anticipated this to happen to her but not in such a short span and in this cold manner. Waves of death are hovering all round Pakistan at this time and will not consume much time to touch the shores of India and other nations. Can such anti social elements ever be forgiven? I wish I had the mind of God to actually judge in such situations.

The blame game has always had its way in these circumstances eventually fleeting the cause to be fought for. "I am tired of life!" these words are frequently used by me, I guess the revised version would be "I am tired of death!". It is intractable on the part of anyone for that matter to have claimed the lives of hundreds and thousands and should be brought to justice.

No comments: