Friday, February 20, 2009

Simply Smitten!

This post is dedicated to all my friends who made my birthday very special and made me feel special :)

Well it is true that sometimes what others do unto you actually helps you learn more about yourself. One of my friends was saying that God has blessed me with very good friends. Yes I know God always gives me the best was my reply! :) This birthday, I thought, would just pass by silently unnoticed. I really was not in the mood of the day since I was on the spree of sleepless nights. With heavily loaded eyes and fidgetiness, all I wanted was some rest and peace. I knew I wanted to be alone. However that proved to be absolutely wrong when I was swept away with all the surprises and lovely gifts I received from my buddies. I was simply smitten by the love of all my friends. I was humbled by their affection. All my spirits went straight up and I had an amazing time with all of them. Their simple thoughts and plans for my day is something very precious and invaluable.

One good thing about birthdays is you get to speak to all of your friends whom you have been away from for ages. Though we are very close we are very far! Reminiscing all those sweet memories can only strengthen your faith that there still exists love in the air. The beauty of life, family and friends kept overwhelmingly unfolding to me as the day passed by. Though this birthday was different in many ways from those in my past, I can very easily say it is one of my most memorable birthdays.

I want to thank all of my friends for their wishes and above all God for blessing me with such wonderful people.

p.s. I know this post seems to be kinda sentimental...could not help it folks, words just came after a real long break :)

No comments: