Monday, April 28, 2008

Heights of......

I've been to the Mother Teresa's Home for destitutes and old people yesterday. I visited that place a number of times earlier and each time it was special. This time I found that there were certain heights I had to reach in life (may be for you too check out :P)
Heights of hospitality:
When I being a stranger was welcomed and treated very lovingly by the sisters and the people living there.
Heights of trust:
When the residents took all the medicines the helpers gave without even enquiring and when they did whatever was told without grumbling.
Heights of faith:
When a young orphan girl tells me with jubilation that her mother would come one day to take her home and her wait will end very soon.
Heights of cleanliness:
When most of them -old, physically and mentally challenged maintain the place spic n span and keep their belongings neat and tidy.
Heights of sacrifice:
When little girls who go to schools and colleges simultaneosly render help to the destitutes relentlessly in every possible way.
Heights of endurance:
When a lady bears all the pain caused by her hard stomach filled with the pebbles and chips of stones she eats unknowingly.
Heights of concern:
When a old lady, mentally sick and physically weak tells me that her arm is hurting; when later to my shock I was told that she helps in washing the clothes of others!
Heights of romance:
When a 90 year old man who is almost blind takes a passport size picture of his wife (my old woman -as he calls) from his pocket and cries telling me that she is no more and he misses her!

No comments: